An entry level learning to traditional African dance. Includes useful body conditioning and stretching technique to in relation to rhythm cycles, as well as recognising and familiarisation to dunun melodies.
- 10 WEEKS >
What you will learn
- Dance Level 1ADance Level 1A:, Level 1B
Dance Level 1B:
- Yankadi steps 1, 2, 3
- Makru steps 1, 2, 3
- Kuku steps 1, 2
- Soli Rapide steps 1, 2
- Soko steps 1, 2, 3
- Mendiani steps 1, 2
- Tiriba steps 1, 2, 3
- Soli des Manian steps 1, 2
- Dunun Melody Part 1
- Warming up and Stretching Technique
What you get
- Interact with TTMDA teacher
- Lifetime access to web videos
- Online assignments
- Video and audio demos in-app
- Learn at your own pace anywhere in the world
- 10 WEEKS >
Yankadi steps: 1, 2, 3. Makru steps: 1, 2, 3.
Kuku steps: 1, 2. Soli Rapide steps: 1, 2.
Soko steps: 1, 2, 3. Tiriba steps: 1, 2, 3.
Mendiani steps: 1, 2. Soli Des Manian steps: 1, 2.
Dunun Melody: Yankadi, Makru, Tiriba and Soli des Manian.
Warming Up and Stretching Technique Part 1.
Warming Up and Stretching Technique Part 2.
How it works
A TTMDA teacher will be assigned to you, who will be guiding you throughout the learning process.
A classroom code will be set up and sent to you before class begins. Get the app and join the virtual classroom to begin interactive learning with other students.
Video and audio demonstrations will be provided via the learning app, together with online assignments (text and video-based) and quizzes.
Demonstrate required skills from onsite lessons.
Complete all the above at quality levels and achievement unlocked!
Earn your certificate
This module is part of the curriculum for the following certificates:
- Certificate in Teaching Djembe (Early Childhood)
- Certificate in Teaching Dance
- Advanced Certificate in Teaching Dance
- Certificate in Conducting Dance Appraisement
- Advanced Certificate in Conducting Dance Appraisement
- Certificate in Dance Performance
- Advanced Certificate in Dance Performance
- Certificate in Training Dance Teachers
- Diploma in Mandingue Dance Performance