Understanding Tempo and Handling
An entry level path to understanding the natural handling logic in djembe with regards to beats and pulses. This module is especially useful for anyone attempting drumming for the first time.
- 2 WEEKS >
What you will learn
- Solo Level 1Solo Level 1:, Level 2
Solo Level 2:
- Present 2 solo pieces by sight-reading: 1 piece with background music. 1 piece without background music at given tempo
- Present 3 solo pieces by sight-reading: 1 piece with background music. 2 pieces without background music at given tempo
What you get
- Interact with TTMDA teacher
- Lifetime access to web videos
- Online assignments
- Video and audio demos in-app
- Learn at your own pace anywhere in the world
- 2 WEEKS >
Establishing foundational handling for beats on count and off count: Practice 1A and 1B of solo curriculum book.
Developing foundational handling for beats on count and off count: Practice 2A, 2B and 2C of solo curriculum book.
How it works
A TTMDA teacher will be assigned to you, who will be guiding you throughout the learning process.
A classroom code will be set up and sent to you before class begins. Get the app and join the virtual classroom to begin interactive learning with other students.
Video and audio demonstrations will be provided via the learning app, together with online assignments (text and video-based) and quizzes.
Complete all the above at quality levels and achievement unlocked!
Earn your certificate
This module is part of the curriculum for the following certificates:
- Certificate in Teaching Djembe
- Advanced Certificate in Teaching Djembe
- Certificate in Conducting Djembe Appraisement
- Advanced Certificate in Conducting Djembe Appraisement
- Certificate in Djembe Performance
- Advanced Certificate in Djembe Performance
- Certificate in Training Djembe Teachers
- Diploma in Djembe Performing Arts
- Advanced Diploma in Djembe Performing Arts