Binary Chauffe & Rolls
The standard drum ‘licks’ for djembe playing. Learn about rolls, flams and ‘chauffe’ (comes from the French word enchauffement, which means to heat up) that are commonly used in soloing for binary rhythms.
What you will learn
- Binary Chauffe
- Roll 4, 5 & 6 in Binary rhythms
- Varieties of flams
What you get
- Interact with TTMDA teacher
- Online assignments
- Video and audio demos in-app
- Learn at your own pace anywhere in the world
Basic drumming skills.
Recommendation: Completed Rhythm Logic Module 1.
Types of Binary Chauffe
Roll 4 variation in Binary feel
Roll 5 variation in Binary feel
Roll 6 Variation in Binary feel
Flam technique variation
How it works
A TTMDA teacher will be assigned to you, who will be guiding you throughout the learning process.
A classroom code will be set up and sent to you before class begins. Get the app and join the virtual classroom to begin interactive learning with other students.
Video and audio demonstrations will be provided via the learning app, together with online assignments (text and video-based) and quizzes.
Complete all the above at quality levels and achievement unlocked!
Earn your certificate
This module is part of the curriculum for the following certificates:
- Advanced Certificate in Teaching Djembe
- Certificate in Conducting Djembe Appraisement
- Advanced Certificate in Conducting Djembe Appraisement
- Certificate in Djembe Performance
- Advanced Certificate in Djembe Performance
- Certificate in Training Djembe Teachers
- Diploma in Djembe Performing Arts
- Advanced Diploma in Djembe Performing Arts