Get initiated into the underlying logic for traditional Mandingue percussion music. Acquire the understanding of how different traditional drum songs and unison rhythms respond to a variety of rhythm signals and phrases.
What you will learn
- Accompaniment, Breaks
- Binary, Ternary 1 & 2
- Signal placement
What you get
- Interact with TTMDA teacher
- Online assignments
- Video and audio demos in-app
- Learn at your own pace anywhere in the world
Signal, Accompaniment & Dunun Melodies
Breaks and Chauffe
Binary & Ternary Rhythms
Placement of Signal for various type of rhythms
How it works
A TTMDA teacher will be assigned to you, who will be guiding you throughout the learning process.
A classroom code will be set up and sent to you before class begins. Get the app and join the virtual classroom to begin interactive learning with other students.
Video and audio demonstrations will be provided via the learning app, together with online assignments (text and video-based) and quizzes.
Complete all the above at quality levels and achievement unlocked!
Earn your certificate
This module is part of the curriculum for the following certificates:
- Certificate in Teaching Djembe (Early Childhood)
- Certificate in Teaching Djembe
- Advanced Certificate in Teaching Djembe
- Certificate in Teaching Dance
- Advanced Certificate in Teaching Dance
- Certificate in Conducting Djembe Appraisement
- Advanced Certificate in Conducting Djembe Appraisement
- Certificate in Conducting Dance Appraisement
- Advanced Certificate in Conducting Dance Appraisement
- Certificate in Djembe Performance
- Advanced Certificate in Djembe Performance
- Certificate in Dance Performance
- Advanced Certificate in Dance Performance
- Certificate in Training Djembe Teachers
- Certificate in Training Dance Teachers
- Diploma in Djembe Performing Arts
- Advanced Diploma in Djembe Performing Arts
- Diploma in Mandingue Dance Performance